Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Steve Part 5

Even after War finally introduced himself, I still had no idea of what was going on. No, it was that I didn’t want to know what was going on. The only War that I knew of was the music group.
Them and the Horseman of the Apocalypse.

Sadly, I didn’t think that he was going to break out into a version of Cisco Kid, so it had to be the Horseman thing.

His smile faded a bit and he moved towards me, telling me now that as I knew who he was, we can go and find the other two so that they could join us and the four of us, together again can finish our task. The stupid look on my face must have returned, and I didn’t care. Surely, War asked me, you know what role that you have in all of this?

Sad thing was I kinda did. But I wanted him to say it. If he said it, then that meant I wasn’t crazy and that all of this was his fault. It kinda was anyway; if he wouldn’t have killed me in the first place, I would have been just fine. So I lied and told him no, I don’t know what my ‘role’ I supposed to be. I told him how I have no idea what it is that you he expects me to do, or who I am supposed to be. I asked him if I was supposed to just walk along side him, slaughtering innocent people? Was I supposed to be a witness that keep score?

He smiled again, and when he approached me this time I didn’t move away. He put his massive hand on my shoulder and said I was there to lead him and the others (when found) in our task. He told me that I was a force of nature too, and in a way I was the grandest of them all. That without me, there could be no life.

He told me that I was Death.

Ohhh-kay. I was expecting Pestilence for some reason. I used to get sick a lot, and with the allergies and all that… was not expecting to be Death.

I angrily asked War what were my duties as Death? Guide the souls of the dead to the other side? Go and get a cloak and scythe, put that on and walk around looking creepy? War looked me in the eye, and told me no, with a chuckle. He said that my job was to cause death. He said that the Horsemen’s job was to cleanse the world, to remove from it the cancer that was man. He said that we would not need cleanse everyone, just most of the worlds population, so that the planet could properly heal. Those left would be warned that this would happen again, but when was up to the populace. So, I asked, I’m just supposed to start killing and maiming? Wanton destruction that causes loss of life? War roared with laughter, tossing his head back and yelling, “Yes!! That is what you are to do!!! It will be glorious!!!”

He brought his head back from the laughter in time to see my punch coming for his head, to late to be avoided.

end part 5

No comments: