Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Steve

The steel rod was rammed into my stomach, and exited through my back. I could feel my blood draining away, and the flow of it intensified when I moved, so I stopped moving. I just dropped to my knees and waited. My breathing became a little more labored, and my hearing started to go. The screams and the all of the gunfire started to sound more and more distant. I looked around and all of the chaos, people running this way and that, other screaming for help that wasn’t coming, looked like it was happening not in front of me, but someplace else. I turned my head again, and the man that impaled me with the rod was talking about something, but I couldn’t really hear him anymore. I didn’t really care what he was saying through that smile of his. I just thought that his beard was stupid and I wanted to tell him that but my voice wouldn’t come. I don’t even think he noticed I was trying to say anything to him. He was just too thrilled with the sound of his own voice, I suppose. I looked away from him to see a little boy crying, probably looking for a pet, toy or family member. I tried to get up to help him, willed my body to move, but it didn’t listen to me. I just stayed on my knees, feeling more and more rested. I looked down to see the pool of blood was larger now. My jeans were now a dark maroon instead of blue, and the light was getting dimmer. I figured that the sun was going down, but how could that be when it was just ten in the morning? My breathing was almost non-existent now. I didn’t care. I was finally getting to rest once and for all. I was finished, it was done. Let someone else…

I'm annoyed.

I know that I was dead, and have no idea why I am now staring at a ceiling. I turned my head to see that I was surrounded by military personnel. Their backs were to me, so I figured that I was being guarded. So not only am I alive, I am also being held prisoner.

I am really annoyed right now.

*End Part One*

No comments: