Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Once It's Out There...


A few years ago, I was asked to help out a friend by doing something that I had never done before.  Now, to say that I was apprehensive was an understatement.  I would be taking (for me at that time) a big chance, putting myself out there in a way that I never had before.  I was opening myself up for all kinds of abuse and judgment, which could have destroyed me. But a friend needed my help, and though I was a terrible person 85% of the time back then, I helped out.  
I agreed to be an actor in his student film.

I have always been a bit of a movie nut, and this was a chance to see things from the other side of the camera, to coin a phrase. It was enlightening. I understood a little better how things worked, and saw how hard it can be. The experience gave me a healthier respect for what my friend Eric did, and also made me want to kill him and his co-director/writer Rob. So, it was a typical movie shoot, from the things I have read.

One of the other friends I worked with on this movie was Ed, who sadly passed away a few years ago. I had known Ed for a few years when we made this movie. He was a bastard at times (so was I), and for all of the years that we knew each other, there were instances that we wanted to kill each other. When I watched the film again, it brought back a lot of memories of him… some good and some not so good, but that’s how life is. But that’s how it is supposed to be with brothers.  He was the other brother that I never wanted, but got anyway.

I post this link to share the movie with folks who haven’t seen it in a while and share it with others that never saw it.  Not like it wasn’t on the internet anyway, plus I feel that the rest of you need to be subjected to the horror that was my “acting”. I’m a bastard that way.

No comments: